This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: "info.exe" finally working on W95
- To: Tony FITZPATRICK <pfitz at pratique dot fr>
- Subject: Re: "info.exe" finally working on W95
- From: Jim Balter <jqb at netcom dot com>
- Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 20:39:42 -0800
- CC: Sergey Okhapkin <sos at prospect dot com dot ru>, "gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com" <gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com>
- Organization: JQB Enterprises
- References: <199703132130.WAA04737@prat.iway.fr>
Tony FITZPATRICK wrote:
> I have to admit however that I don't understand the difference between the
> attributes of a "file descriptor", a "console" and a "terminal" and why
> there are two ways to do the same thing, still, nobodys perfect.
O_NDELAY operates on things other than terminals, while VMIN and VTIME
have more detailed effects than O_NDELAY. And then of course there's
the entire history of unix, in which various overlapping facilities
were added to different dialects which later merged.
<J Q B>
For help on using this list, send a message to
"firstname.lastname@example.org" with one line of text: "help".