This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- To: gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Some Surprises
- From: drs <drs at inxpress dot net>
- Date: Thu, 06 Mar 1997 18:21:56 -0600
- Organization: University of Wisconsin
- References: <01BC2981.5732D380@gbird0>
- Reply-To: drs at inxpress dot net
I had been using gnu-win32 bash, but ran into a confict while using the
which would like to have the HOME variable set to the root directory. I
pleasantly surprised to find bash will run command.com (a shell within a
complete with it's own set of environment variables, without complaint.
OK, so I probabably should have known this would work, and also that
will now respond to commands like "ls". But it was a nice surprise to
see how flexible
the unix style tools are and how relatively complete is the integration
gnu-win32. Good Job.
For help on using this list, send a message to
"email@example.com" with one line of text: "help".