This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: linking stripped object files
- To: Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs dot mu dot OZ dot AU>
- Subject: Re: linking stripped object files
- From: Chin Chee-Kai <cheekai at gen dot co dot jp>
- Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 14:27:38 -447863908 (JST)
- Cc: gnu-win32 <gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com>
- Reply-To: Chin Chee-Kai <cheekai at gen dot co dot jp>
On Mon, 3 Mar 1997, Fergus Henderson wrote:
> But the gnu-win32 behaviour is not a bug as such.
Right, it's neither what I am suggesting. I surmise that the
rather strange behavior could be due to "strip" on Cygnus's
distribution. If "strip" takes off so much information that
the output object file or binary doesn't compile or run anymore,
than something really strange is going on, and "strip" loses
its usefulness (since I'd have to recompile the object file or
Chin Chee-Kai (Last, First)
Internet Email-ID: email@example.com
For help on using this list, send a message to
"firstname.lastname@example.org" with one line of text: "help".