This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Bash hangs after pasting [Was "Re: xterm for win32"]
- To: Grant Leslie <grantl at deerinet dot nb dot ca>
- Subject: Bash hangs after pasting [Was "Re: xterm for win32"]
- From: Chin Chee-Kai <cheekai at gen dot co dot jp>
- Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 13:07:40 +0000 (JST)
- Cc: GNU-Win32 <gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com>
I had the "after pasting, BASH hangs" problem earlier.
Fortunately, I didn't shutdown the system nor kill the window, but
just let the "hanged" bash window sit there. After a while
however (about 3-5mins later on a 486/66MHz), the window was
back alive, with the application running in it in tact. It does
seem like a wait-timeout when a user "paste" is activated,
rather than a really hanged window.
Chin Chee-Kai (Last, First)
Internet Email-ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
On Sat, 1 Mar 1997, Grant Leslie wrote:
> Jim Balter wrote:
> [...stuff deleted...]
> ... however pasting into a bash
> window causes it to stop responding.... apparently pasting into the "DOS
> Box" uses a message which BASH ( or the readline librbary?? ) doesn't
For help on using this list, send a message to
"email@example.com" with one line of text: "help".