This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: xterm for win32
- To: JP Shipherd <jp at nuancecom dot com>
- Subject: Re: xterm for win32
- From: Jonathan Lanier <jonathan at westwood dot com>
- Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 14:16:41 -0800 (PST)
- cc: gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com
> Has anyone found anything like an xterm that they can use as a substitue
> for the cmd window on NT?
On NT you can do this:
mode con: lines=256 (or whatever)
Instant scroll bar, with large scrollback buffer. Cons: It only works in
a GUI console window, it still doesn't have simple cut and paste, and any
NT console mode app will try to use all of the screen... That can be
good, or bad, depending on how well the application deals with it.
- Jonathan Lanier
For help on using this list, send a message to
"firstname.lastname@example.org" with one line of text: "help".