Re: Updated: xorg-server-1.17.1-1 (TEST)

On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 9:53 AM, Jon TURNEY <jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk> wrote:

> The following packages have been updated in the Cygwin distribution:
>
> *** xorg-server-*1.17.1-1
>
> These packages contain XWin and the other X.Org X11 servers.
>
> These packages are currently available as a test release, and will be made
> stable in approximately two weeks, if no major regressions are reported.
>
> Please try test releases and report problems to the Cygwin/X mailing list.
> Testing helps ensure good releases!

Thank you for your hard work.

Unfortunately, I have experienced 2 regressions vs 1.16.3-1.
(In the results below, I am assuming 1 and 2 are the same
regression/issue, while 3 is separate.)

Test Setup:
XDMCP Server: death-star: RHEL 7.1 beta with GDM and the MATE desktop
environment (from EPEL)
XDMCP Client: executor: Windows 10 (build 9926) Technical Preview
64-bit with 32-bit Cygwin
(I have attached the output of  `cygcheck -s -v -r`.)

Initial steps:
X :3 -query death-star

Steps/Results with 1.16.3-1:
1. GDM immediately comes up

2. I can login to the MATE desktop session without any errors/warnings

3. When I log out of the MATE session, I am returned to GDM

I've attached the command-line output

Steps/Results with 1.17.1-1:

1. I receive an error dialog window (which appears to be using GTK3):
Could not switch the monitor configuration
could not set the configuration for CRTC 62
(I have to click "close" before I can get to GDM.)

2. I can login to the MATE desktop session, but as I do, I receive a
notification dialog related to what I saw before GDM's UI would
appear.
"Could not apply the stored configuration for monitors"
(see screenshot for exact text)

3. When I log out of the MATE session, XWin core dumps.

I've attached the command-line output

screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/JOKeY

-Mike