This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: Graphical glitch in all but multiwindow mode over remote desktop
- From: Jon TURNEY <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Cc: efonnes at gmail dot com
- Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 14:36:00 +0100
- Subject: Re: Graphical glitch in all but multiwindow mode over remote desktop
- References: <CAGSC65+-=G-TKrrc9BCkRZ1+cLE4ZocXNXv8xnH2Cm8RWfBtLQ@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree <cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
On 04/10/2012 09:00, Erik Fonnesbeck wrote:
> This is on Windows Server 2008 R2 with desktop composition enabled
> over remote desktop and using Cygwin/X 1.12.4 (though I have not seen
> any release notes mentioning a fix for it, so I'm guessing it is still
> relevant in the current version). Windows 7 should be relevant for
> testing this bug as well. I do not recall testing without desktop
> composition enabled for the remote desktop session, and I do not know
> whether the issue is specific to Windows 7/Server 2008 R2.
> Multiwindow mode works fine, but all other modes draw on the taskbar
> instead of in the Cygwin/X window. I have tried various combinations
> of settings for the X server, but the behavior is the same in all
Did you try adding '-engine 1' option to the X server command line?
All modes apart from multiwindow use DirectX drawing by default, and there
have been reports that doesn't work correctly over RDP.
(From my brief research, this may be related to the DirectX version which Xwin
uses. DirectX over RDP, rendering on the host, is supposed to work since
Vista, but only for DX9 or later clients, and XWin uses an older DX interface)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html