This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix command line arguments for multiple monitors
- From: Jon TURNEY <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Cc: joerg_ml at bitplanet dot de
- Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 11:02:38 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix command line arguments for multiple monitors
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree <cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
On 14/04/2012 16:28, Jörg Mensmann wrote:
> placing the X server on a specific monitor using something like
> "-screen 0 @2" is broken since November. The attached patch restores the
> old behaviour.
Thanks very much for investigating this issue and for the patch.
I'll include this in the next X server build.
> This happened since commit 3ead1d810b0e157078db39712e02ea6dc85216d8,
> because EnumDisplayMonitor() returns FALSE if its callback function
> returns FALSE (which is not clearly documented), and QueryMonitor()
> would then also return FALSE.
I don't observe this behaviour on my test machine, EnumDisplayMonitor()
returns TRUE, so I'd be interested to know what version of Windows you are using.
I am a little concerned that I can't find any evidence using google of anyone
else reporting having the MonitorEnumProc callback function return FALSE to
terminate the enumeration causes EnumDisplayMonitor() to return 0, indicating
failure, so maybe there is something else going on here...
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html