This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
RE: Using Infra-red (or any) remote controls with cygwin??
- From: JOEL dot MOOTS at L-3com dot com
- To: <cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 07:55:49 -0500
- Subject: RE: Using Infra-red (or any) remote controls with cygwin??
- References: <4F874DE3.90609@cyberXpress.co.nz>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
> Is there any way to use a remote control (e.g. an infra-red remote
> comes with a TV tuner) with cygwin applications?
> Preferably so that arrow and number keys can be used with standard X11
> applications (even better if odd keys like "Red" can be remapped), but
> I'd settle for any way to act on some keypresses from a distance on
> box about the size of a remote rather than a full-sized keyboard. Any
I believe lirc has a Windows equivalent, so assuming you have an IR
receiver, you could try that out (I haven't but don't see why it
wouldn't work for Cygwin/X applications too). Alternatively, you could
just buy one of those remote-sized, wireless, usb keyboards.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html