This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: Problems with emacs built with gsettings support [was: Problems with emacs built against gtk3]
- From: Angelo Graziosi <angelo dot graziosi at alice dot it>
- To: xCygwin <cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 21:22:36 +0200
- Subject: Re: Problems with emacs built with gsettings support [was: Problems with emacs built against gtk3]
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
Ken Brown wrote:
Now I can reproduce the problem with both gtk2 and gtk3
If you remember I flagged this on 24.11.2011 with a private mail. After
the upgrading to GNOME 3.2, not only the gtk3 build was unstable but
also the old gtk2 builds were unstable...
Since then I am using this target
C:\cygwin-2\bin\run.exe bash -l -c 'GSETTINGS_BACKEND=memory emacs
-display 127.0.0.1:0.0 2>/dev/null &'
to start Emacs from a link on desktop, and it works both with gtk2 and
with gtk3 builds.
Notice, I do not use Cygwin service (dbus,... etc.)
Any way I will try to follow your recipe to reproduce the problem, but I
am sure it is still there..
Here are the steps for reproducing the problem:
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html