Re: Problems with emacs built against gtk3

On 2012-04-04 09:15, Ken Brown wrote:
Another option is to use gtk3 but to put the GSETTINGS_BACKEND
workaround into the emacs startup code:

setenv ("GSETTINGS_BACKEND", "memory", 1);

I've been testing this, and it seems to work (but I won't be completely
confident until I've had emacs running for a day or so). Do you see any
downside?

This is intended solely for testing and debugging. Settings will not be saved from one invocation to the next, so that's a pretty big downside.

Yaakov