Re: Problems with emacs built against gtk3

On 4/3/2012 6:30 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
On 2012-04-03 16:11, Ken Brown wrote:
Now that gvfs is available, I've built the latest emacs-24 pretest
against gtk3 and removed the GSETTINGS_BACKEND=memory setting, but I
still have the same problem. If I start emacs and then just walk away
from it, after a while it will die with a segfault. (It may take an hour
or more before this happens.)

And with gtk2?

There's no problem when emacs is built with gtk2. There's also no problem with gtk3, provided I set GSETTINGS_BACKEND=memory.

I'll probably just have to stick with gtk2 for the next emacs release.

Ken