This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: X server crash when running texworks
- From: Jon TURNEY <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert at alum dot mit dot edu>, kbrown at cornell dot edu
- Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 14:36:35 +0100
- Subject: Re: X server crash when running texworks
- References: <4F6E24CA.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4F70C7BE.email@example.com> <4F70CC57.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4F70D272.email@example.com> <4F72F30A.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4F7303E1.email@example.com> <4F7307B0.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4F745236.email@example.com> <4F74BF22.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4F759ABF.email@example.com> <4F76DC6B.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4F77221E.email@example.com> <CAK-n8j6YYrUN6OC21QmEeKnqGGKOOMqOqh=wnJxBWnR-kQ784A@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree <cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
On 01/04/2012 07:07, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 9:26 AM, Ken Brown wrote:
>> I wanted to do some further tests, but I thought I should install the latest
>> Cygwin snapshot (2012-03-30) first. With that Cygwin snapshot, the XWin
>> snapshot of 20120329 won't start.
> It's not quite right here either. Xwin starts up OK, but I can't get
> an xterm going from the menu (stack dump). But if I open a CMD window
> and type "xterm -display localhost:0" then the xterm starts up OK.
If the cygwin 1.7.12 snapshot breaks the package XWin, you probably want to
report that in the 1.7.12 snapshot call for testing thread, so the people who
can fix problems with that will notice.
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html