This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: Unable to start session using XDMCP
- From: Jon TURNEY <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin-xfree <cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: Alexander Pokluda <apokluda at gmail dot com>
- Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 15:59:25 +0100
- Subject: Re: Unable to start session using XDMCP
- References: <CA+aLwDHO-XNRJLBzVtLha=GzXm37cRLDmgyvnWKrUM5Fcy_LVQ@mail.gmail.com> <4E1D8FA4.email@example.com> <CA+aLwDH082S5Qi3eG2wgQ7P1N+6GhiMH0-fePUsA96Bd8Lk27A@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree <cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
On 13/07/2011 15:04, Alexander Pokluda wrote:
> I have attached two packet captures. In the first file, it appears
> that the remote GDM stops responding after sending the accept packet
> but the capture in the second file was taken immediately after the
> first capture and restarting XWin.
Looking at those packet captures, I can't see anything that XWin is doing
wrong. So I can only offer generic advice: Are the Manage requests arriving
at and being accepted by the remote host?
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 8:29 AM, Jon TURNEY <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> On 12/07/2011 22:15, Alexander Pokluda wrote:
>>> I have run into a problem again where I am unable to start a session
>>> using XDMCP. I am trying to connect to multiple remote machines
>>> running CentOS 5.5 using XWin 1.10.2.
>> This seemed to be working for you back in March (see ), so I guess the
>> important question is "what has changed?"
>>  http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2011-03/msg00011.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html