This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: Problem starting XWin Server
- From: Jon TURNEY <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Cc: jan dot chludzinski at gmail dot com
- Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 13:21:14 +0100
- Subject: Re: Problem starting XWin Server
- References: <CADqjQ-LnaUZWLPf9gtVkTkLZs0gM+xh7xAPO57kDm0W5xFjdVA@mail.gmail.com> <CADqjQ-KNDdN9WkTGtfRCEGtMbjoebFdgsX5dO=Qs1gn4nemO3g@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree <cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
On 12/07/2011 09:10, Jan Chludzinski wrote:
> I just did a complete installation of X11 from Cygwin 1.7 setup.exe.
> But when I try to start the "XWin Server" using the "Start" menu
> nothing happens. If I try either "startxwin" or "startx" or "xinit"
> from the BASH shell I get:
> giving up.
> startxwin: No such file or directory (errno 2): unable to connect to X server
> startxwin: No such process (errno 3): Server error.
> Any suggestions?
Looking at the XWin.0.log you attached, it looks like the X server is starting
If clients are unable to connect, this might be due to firewall configuration
or other software which interferes with cygwin sockets (see  in the
Cygwin/X FAQ for some suggestions)
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html