Re: xorg-server-1.9.2-1 Fullscreen Issue

On Fri, 2010-11-19 at 13:37 +0000, Jon TURNEY wrote:
> On 18/11/2010 12:33, Frederick Hansen wrote:
> > Just FYI, after upgrading to xorg-server 1.9.2, any attempt to run in fullscreen results in an error.  Downgrading to version 1.8.2 seems to correct the issue.  Running either version in multiwindow also works.
> >
> > The contents of Xwin.log are shown below:
> >

> > Welcome to the XWin X Server
> > Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
> > Release: 1.9.2.0 (10902000)
> > Build Date: 2010-11-03
> >
> > XWin was started with the following command line:
> >
> > /usr/bin/XWin -fullscreen -depth 8 -clipboard -silent-dup-error
> >
> [snip]
> > [ 30091.406] (EE) XKB: Could not invoke xkbcomp
> > [ 30091.406] (EE) XKB: Couldn't compile keymap
> > [ 30091.406] XKB: Failed to compile keymap
> > [ 30091.406] Keyboard initialization failed. This could be a missing or incorrect setup of xkeyboard-config.
> > [ 30091.406]
> > Fatal server error:
> > [ 30091.406] Failed to activate core devices.
>
> Interesting.
>
> I can start X in fullscreen without problems using the same options.
>
> Are you sure that removing -fullscreen allows the X server to start properly?
>  This kind of failure (invoking xkbcomp) is usually caused by BLODA or rebase
> problems preventing xkbcomp from being spawned.  It would be unusual for that
> to only occur with certain options, but I guess it is possible.

I have tried running in fullscreen on several other machines as well,
and ran into the same problem on some of these other machines.  These
are fairly clean Windows XP SP3 installations.  The issue occurs with
version 1.9.3 as well.  It does indeed work with -fullscreen removed.
Furthermore, if I rename /lib/dri/swrast_dri.so to something else, the
affected systems run in fullscreen without issue.