Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: {xfig/xfig-lib}-3.2.5b-1

On 5/27/2010 6:07 PM, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
  >  Angelo Graziosi writes:
If I read correctly, if Fig* files exist in '/etc/X11/app-defaults', they are
not replaced with new.

That's correct. If somebody has changed the system defaults I don't want overide these.

Hmm... I have not changed the system defaults: the Fig* files were put there (/etc/X11/app-defaults) by previous installation of XFig (3.2.4), which was the first I did for Cygwin-1.7.

So, if now they are not overwritten and XFig complains about them, it
looks a little strange.

It's actually a preremove problem, not a postinstall problem. It looks like the previous xfig package was missing its preremove script, which would have removed the old Fig* files if they were unchanged from the defaults. The new xfig does have such a script, so this shouldn't be a problem in the future (assuming you manually copy the default files and don't change them).

Ken