This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: X11R7.5 and C.UTF-8
- From: Jon TURNEY <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Cc: kbrown at cornell dot edu
- Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 23:52:34 +0000
- Subject: Re: X11R7.5 and C.UTF-8
- References: <4AE8539E.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
On 28/10/2009 14:22, Ken Brown wrote:
X11R7.5 doesn't like the (default) locale C.UTF-8. If I start the
server with 'LANG=C.UTF-8 /usr/bin/startxwin.bat', the server exits
immediately, and the log has complaints about the locale. If I instead
use 'LANG=en_US.UTF-8', there's no problem. I've attached both logs and
Thanks for the bug report.
I'm afraid I'm not immediately able to reproduce this, though, using the
command you give.
On 28/10/2009 21:49, Andy Koppe wrote:
> Xwin 1.6.x had no problem with "C.UTF-8".
The significant change is probably that libX11 is no longer built with
X_LOCALE (so that libX11 uses the native locale support rather than it's own).
Exactly why this would cause a problem, I don't know.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html