This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
startxwin.bat and checkX
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 10:39:33 -0400
- Subject: startxwin.bat and checkX
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
I don't think the line
%RUN% checkX -d %DISPLAY% -t 12
in startxwin.bat accomplishes anything, because run.exe returns
immediately, and checkX runs in the background. From 'man run':
run [ -p path ] command [ -wait ] arguments
Issuing -wait as first program argument will make run wait for program
completition, otherwise it returns immediately.
[Chuck: Note the typo in "completition".]
So I think startxwin.bat should use
%RUN% checkX -wait -d %DISPLAY% -t 12
I've tested this on my system, and xterm always starts. If I omit
'-wait', xterm sometimes doesn't start.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html