Re: (strange) problem with xdotool

Regarding following passage (I do not have much objections to run X
Window in what
you call "rooted" mode just that somehow no Window Manager starts when
I try to run
it):

all it would need to do it
 register the property on the root window and update it, and handle the
 receiving the message and translate it to a WM_ACTIVATE for the target
 window

Yes, for the matter of exercise it woyuld be interesting to try to
write a patch, just
what is meant with "root window" here in rootless environment and where the code
is supposed to go, i.e. where should I look at in order to try to
graft the needed addtional
code  there?

/wbr
Ariel Burbaickij