This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] [1.7] Updated: xorg-server-1.6.5-1
- From: Jon TURNEY <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 14:43:24 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] [1.7] Updated: xorg-server-1.6.5-1
- References: <announce.4AD4094C.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
On 13/10/2009 05:59, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
The following package has been updated for Cygwin 1.7:
This package contains XWin and the other X.Org X11 servers.
This is likely the last release of the 1.6 series (heard that before?).
The following patches has been added in this release:
- Fix UT8String and CompoundText clipboard text sharing.
- Workaround for SWF/Motif bug in multiwindow mode.
Just to amplify this a little. This is a workaround for an issue which
prevents Java applications which use SWT/Motif (which will be on platforms
where Motif is the default windowing toolkit e.g. AIX, HP-UX and perhaps some
older Solaris) from working with the Cygwin/X server. The most notable
example of such an application is possibly Eclipse.
You can see the SWT bug which is the underlying cause 
- Tidy up system.XWinrc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html