This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
fc-cache: failed to write cache
- From: Steven Woody <narkewoody at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com, cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 11:47:59 +0800
- Subject: fc-cache: failed to write cache
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
I removed cygwin1.5 on both of my two computers, one is a laptop and
another is a desktop, they are all Windows XP. ?I then installed
cygwin 1.7 for them, the result is strange. ?The laptop seems okay,
but the desktop, after I tried re-install many times, still always
fail when I?execute fa-cache on it, the error messages are:
/cygdrive/c/Windows/Fonts: caching, new cache contents: 598 fonts, 0 dirs
/cygdrive/c/Windows/Fonts: caching: failed to write cache
... (repeat for other font directories)
But If I install cygwin1.5 on the desktop, it is always okay with fc-cache.
What's wrong with it?
Life is the only flaw in an otherwise perfect nonexistence
? ?-- Schopenhauer
public key at http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html