This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: Xterm hangs with latest Cygwin (-62?)
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com, cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 21:52:04 +0200
- Subject: Re: Xterm hangs with latest Cygwin (-62?)
- References: <4AC8CFC4.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com, cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
On Oct 4 11:44, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
> > Did you upgrade xorg-server at the same time? Maybe your problem is caused by the change in system.XWinrc that I reported yesterday:
> > http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2009-10/msg00023.html
> I already had the latest Xorg server. The only difference is the
> Cygwin version. -61 works, -62 hangs.
This looks like a problem with the latest luit. I can start xterm,
but I only get a /bin/sh prompt, not my usual tcsh prompt.
Stracing shows that luit is called with `luit -argv0 -tcsh', but nowhere
in the strace tcsh is actually started. Rather, it looks like luit
starts /bin/sh with argv set to -tcsh instead.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html