This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] [1.7] Updated: xinit-1.1.1-5
- From: Angelo Graziosi <angelo dot graziosi at alice dot it>
- To: XCygwin <cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 00:08:45 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] [1.7] Updated: xinit-1.1.1-5
- References: <4AC4DE7E.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
Angelo Graziosi ha scritto:
Phil Betts wrote:
I think Angelo was trying to avoid having an unnecessary bash process
Indeed! (I think...)
I have various links on desktop (to start Emacs, mrxvt, xfig, etc.) like
C:\cygwin-2\bin\run.exe bash -l -c 'rm -rf /tmp/.X11-unix; XWin
-multiwindow -clipboard -silent-dup-error &'
and 'experimentally' adding '&' reduces the number of processes, as
shown by task manager...
not do it like this instead:
%RUN% bash -l -c "exec XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -silent-dup-error"
interesting... I will give it a try. But, in any case, it would be
useful to know what Cygwin guys think.
Using 'exec', task manager shows always one more process: bash...
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html