This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
RE: Path problem with xterm
- From: "Mike Ayers" <mike_ayers at tvworks dot com>
- To: <cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 10:55:52 -0700
- Subject: RE: Path problem with xterm
- References: <003201ca3d30$a5ce3680$4001a8c0@mycomputer>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
> From: email@example.com [mailto:cygwin-xfree-
> firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of John Emmas
> If I open a bash terminal in cygwin, then I create an xterm (either by
> running startxwin.bat or by running the relevant lines from it manually)
> then I type "set", my environment settings get listed. Among them is
> current PATH variable. However, the displayed path is not the same as
> path I had previously (in the bash terminal). Basically, it's the same
> but with some extra entries added (most of these being duplicates of
> that were already present).
Are you perhaps modifying PATH in .bashrc?