This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: start xterm automatically
- From: Csaba Raduly <rcsaba at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 20:25:22 +0200
- Subject: Re: start xterm automatically
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 3:47 AM, andreaphus <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I'd like to set it so that when I run cygwin it automatically launches an
> xterm shell but Im having problems.
> Ideally I want to run cygwin, have it automatically open a login xterm
> shell, and then auto close the cygwin shell.
Doesn't your startxwin.bat start an xterm after the X server? I always
had to comment that out (I run startxwin at startup).
Instead of xterm, you may consider using rxvt (which has the advantage
of working with or without X). I don't use cygwin.bat anymore; just a
rxvt <some other options> -e bash --login
Hope this helps.
Life is complex, with real and imaginary parts
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html