Re: Keyboard map screwed up after launching xemacs

Andreas Eibach wrote:
Jon TURNEY wrote:
Forgive my ignorance about german keyboard usage, but is the tilde
character used in some kind of composition sequence which isn't
working
anymore? Or do you just want to type lots of tildes?

(In case that it went down the drain: One is enough,: ~ = -> $HOME :)

Ok, it seems I can reproduce this by telling Windows I have a german
keyboard
(although starting the X server with '-xkblayout de' doesn't seem to
be
sufficient, which is somewhat mysterious) and it only affects the
xemacs window.

Great! Thanks for still bearing with me.

A workaround seems to be to do 'setxkbmap de' before starting xemacs.

This and other reported problems make me thing something not quite
right about
  the way we are initializing XKB for an autodetected keyboard layout
(probably related to MPX changes in the X server), which needs more
investigation....

This behaviour should be fixed in xorg-server 1.5.3-5. Feedback welcomed.