Re: RE: Intermittent X clipboard failure

I don't know if there is permanent fix for this but this is my workaround.

I faced similar issue after I upgraded my X server recently. Copy/paste between X and windows apps works fine as long as no MS Office 2003 apps are open. If Office apps are open, they hang immediately if I copy anything from X, e.g. xterm. Killing the hung Office apps usually restore my copy/paste function.

My workaround: disable the Office clipboard. This forces Office apps to use the Windows clipboard but the apps don't hang when I copy/paste from X.

To disable the Office clipboard:
  * On the Office Clipboard task pane, click Options.
  * Clear the Show Office Clipboard Automatically check box.
  * Clear the Show Office Clipboard When Ctrl+C Pressed Twice check box.
  * Clear the Collect Without Showing Office Clipboard check box.

YMMV

Williams, Chris (Marlboro) wrote:
Hi,
This clipboard failure happened again. This time I notice I could still
copy from X apps to the Windows clipboard buffer. Also this time I
copied some log information about the shutdown:

---- Start log clip ----
winDeinitMultiWindowWM - Noting shutdown in progress
winClipboardProc - winClipboardFlushWindowsMessageQueue trapped WM_QUIT
message,
 exiting main loop.
winClipboardProc - XDestroyWindow succeeded.

winClipboardIOErrorHandler!

---- End log clip ----

Anyone have any specific hints about hunting down this clipboard
problem?
Possibly apropos, anyone have any issues running the "Office Clipboard"
that comes with MS Office 2003 with this new X server, X.Org 7.4?

Thanks,
Chris