Re: modification of startx.bat not work

Dirk Schleicher wrote:
[snip]
> I try it. The only thing is that if SC is close the Xserver close too.

Yes, that's the way it works.  I mean, that's the way that the steps I showed work.

[snip]
> Again to start this I have to start a cygwin bash shell. I like to
> start SC without a shell

You mean "start SC using an icon"? like an icon to the bat file you showed...
because startx is a shell script (just like startxwin.bat is a command.com
script) and it does more than just start XWin.

You probably can just run a Windows shortcut to XWin with all the parameters,
and use .xinitrc or .xsession to start up SC.  If you want XWin to stay after SC
is closed then just change the "wait $scpid" with "sleep 1d" or something similar.

>> Your original post says that you had a network problem, can you show
>> the actual message?
>
> no connection with POP3-Server: pop.gmx.de:110

That error has nothing to do with XWindows.  So, SC was running with your
modified .bat file, it just could not connect to that pop server; try regular
network troubleshooting, like "ping pop.gmx.de" if that server responds to ping,
traceroute, etc.

> It is not possible to start a xsever without having a shell window and
> to start SC?
> I was thinking that this is easy...

It probably is, I just don't use it that way, but what you describe seems
possible with CygwinX.
--
René Berber