XWin -silent-dup-error not so silent

I find it convenient to have a single icon in my Windows task bar
that, when clicked, opens an xterm window without me having to know
or care about whether or not Xserver is already running. My icon is
associated with Cygwin's X11's standard startxwin.bat script that
essentially runs the following two commands (edited here for clarity):

  \cygwin\bin\run XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -silent-dup-error
  \cygwin\bin\run xterm -e /usr/bin/bash -l

This script is designed to do what I want: The first command starts
Xserver, which is smart enough to detect whether another instance is
running and to die if it is. Its (undocumented) -silent-dup-error
switch, no doubt, is supposed to cause Xserver to be silent about
dying, which is what you want for this scenario. The second command,
then, starts xterm in the presence of a single Xserver.

This script has worked fine until I upgraded Xserver from 6.8.2.0-4
to 6.8.99.901-1. Now Xserver is rather unsilent in the presence of
another instance, displaying a Windows alert box ("A fatal error has
occurred and Cygwin/X will now exit..."; see attached) and creating
a /tmp/XWin.log file.

I was hoping to learn whether this behavior is considered a bug or
not and, if it is, whether it's under consideration for a fix.

BTW, this change was mentioned in two previous posts--by Chuck on 7/12
("Xwin.log error") and by me on 7/17 ("fatal error with X Server
6.8.99.901-1")--but neither post illicited a satisfactory response.
Please forgive me for making one additional attempt.

--Ken Nellis

Attached: cygcheck.out, XWinAlert.bmp