This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
RE: x window managers
- From: Tomer-Home <tomerkon at 013 dot net>
- To: 'Kensuke Matsuzaki' <zakki at peppermint dot jp>
- Cc: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 22:23:14 +0200
- Subject: RE: x window managers
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Reply-to: tomerkon at 013 dot net
So simple, and it even works!
From: Kensuke Matsuzaki [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2005 5:40 AM
Subject: Re: x window managers
If it isn't personal topic, please cc to email@example.com
> My windows managers do not function well. I saw you wrote a
window-manager package, and I would like to try it.
Are you talking about xwinwm?
> What is the "rootless" mode, and how to I install a windows-wm extension?
Cygwin/X's "-rootless" mode hides screen area where isn't used, and it
make easy to access other windows application.
Xwinwm requires "-mwextwm" mode that creates Windows window for each X
If you install Cygwin/X using Cygwin's setup.exe, already XWin.exe has
windows-wm extension. So just type
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html