Re: 3-Button wheel mouse application problem with Cygwin-Xorg

Hi again,

I think it doesn't matter whether it's on or off, I just tried all possible
combinations of right-click + ctrl/alt/shift/scroll-lock/caps-lock/winkey
etc. and the beast wouldn't notice at all, it just doesn't open the needed
right-click menu.

I noticed another strange behaviour - in other partially working right-click
area the right-button menu pops up but nothing happens if I release the right
button over it (i.e. *clicking* on the menu with the mouse rbutton). It works
only if I keep the right button pressed and click with the left one - which
is not the ordinary behaviour of the app and this area.

My guess still is that Xorg and Xfree have some subtle differences and they
affect this app precisely.

Can I find somewhere an older cygwin release with Xfree server to check if the
speculation is right?

Thanks for your help :)

Pavel

На 2005 09 29 22:30 Cary Jamison написа:
> Pavel Krustev wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have difficulties running a specific X application which runs in
> > the Xorg X server.
> >
> > The problem is that in some specific areas of this app the right
> > mouse button click refuses to open the related menu over an object
> > and thus renders the app unusable with cygwin-xorg. The problem is
> > only in this app - all other right clicks elsewhere work fine, I
> > think the app is poorly written but unfortunately it is the most
> > important gui application for my work and I cannot stop to use it.
>
> Is your numlock on?  That is often the source of these types of problems
> (it is treated as a modifier key, like shift/control/alt/meta/etc.).
>
> Cary
>

> --

Pavel Krustev
NMS Administrator, Cosmo Bulgaria Mobile
mobile: +359 898 400 842
pkrastev@globul.bg