Re: Basic question 3 - system tray icon

On 28.09.2005 17:20 UK Time, Soong, SylokeJ wrote:
No. He is telling you how to shut down with a single click
rather than my right clicking and selecting "Exit".
Which is answering your question 4.

Thanks, although I'm afraid I still fail to see Reid's single-click solution - but never mind, I think I am satisfied now that my own single-click solution (i.e. x in top right corner) is 'safe'.

Also about your question 2, as someone else recommended, you should consider running either startxwin.bat or startxwin.sh. But doing that, whatever you wrote in ~/.xinitrc would no longer be effective because either of these startup files would not call .xinitrc .

I prefer the bat file because I would need to first
start cygwin bash in a win/xp cmd window to allow me to
run the sh file, thereby leaving a win/xp cmd window around
annoying you more than the X icon would.

The bat file is not unix and you might be more familiar
with it.

Thanks, I'll try and get my head round that some time, but shouldn't it work with -clipboard in the startx command line?

Regards

Herbert Eppel
--
www.HETranslation.co.uk