Re: Emacs problem after rebaseall: some progresses?

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> Angelo Graziosi wrote:
>
>>Even using the snapshots, the problem remains and every time one needs
>>to rebase all one must reinstall libncurses7-5.3-4 if one wants Emacs
>>to work.
>
>Since this has nothing to do with Cygwin, AFAICT, there is no reason to
>think that a snapshot would fix the problem.

I do not doubt that it is so.

The first time I observed these problems with Emacs was when
Cygwin-1.5-17-1 was released: reinstalling 1.5.16-1 all worked fine and
I thinked that some snaps solved the problem. Successively I found that
reinstalling libncurses7, effectively, solve the problem.
But the habit to test snapshots remains!

Charles Wilson wrote:

>And, is it the only X application that links against an obsolete version
>of the ncurses library? e.g. is it simply that cygncurses-7.dll cannot be
>rebased without causing troubles for client apps -- and cygncurses-8.dll,
>used by all other X apps, is fine?

I cannot answer to these questions. I can only confirm that for what I
know only Emacs has these problems.

Best regards,

         Angelo.