Re: Icon update .diff

Colin Harrison wrote:
Joe Krahn wrote:

When I use the CVS defaults, only multi-window mode is built, so I didn't
see the #ifdef XWIN_MULTIWINDOW code compiled. Why is only one version
built? Is it rootless mode that gets excluded?

Mystery to me..the code is loaded with many ifdef's, the use of which is probably 'just-in-case' legacy stuff. Loosing a few as things are changed is maybe a good idea now.

I was wondering about things like global icons (g_hIcon) which are #ifdef'ed in shared code to be used with XWIN_MULTIWINDOW, yet only the multiwindow code sets these icons.

I guess there's a need for a round of overall code clean up. But, it works right now, so the incentive is small.

It seems to me that it needs:

1) A review of globals, with true globals being made uniform across the root-window[less] modes, and other not-so-globals made non-global.

2) Get rid of unused 'legacy' #ifdef code.

3) Decide if Win95/Me/NT/2000 need continued support.

4) Reorganize files: get rid of the common win- prefix, and replace mode-specific prefixes with a directory, so "xwin/winmultiwindowicons.c" becomes "xwin/multiwindow/icons.c".

I think these could be done successfully without too much effort. But, these need some maintainer decisions first.

Joe