Re: How to have more than one X display?

Joe Krahn wrote:
Soong, SylokeJ wrote:

How to indecisively start more than one X display on my XP system?

Currently I have a startxwin.bat: ================================ SET DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0 ...... run XWin -screen 0 1750 1350 -whateverelse run wmaker

as well as startxwin1.bat: ========================= SET DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.1 ...... run XWin -screen 1 1750 1350 -whateverelse run wmaker

The problem here is that you are varying the screen number, not the display number. Multiple screens come from one server. Try using DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:1.0 for the second one.

It seems to work OK, at least if you don't try to use multi-window mode for both, even though several things hint that XWin code does not worry much about multiple servers.

Oh...
The DISPLAY variable has no effect on XWin. Try the following:

  XWin :0.0
and
  XWin :1.0

I can run several of these. But, I noticed that MultiWindow mode is broken for anything but display :0.

Joe