This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
RE: How to have more than one X display?
- From: "Soong, SylokeJ" <SSoong at ALLEGROMICRO dot com>
- To: "'cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com'" <cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 09:08:41 -0400
- Subject: RE: How to have more than one X display?
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
I had tried both
I was guessing to recall which way it could be
to change the display number and had to decide
which to copy and paste into the email.
Either way gives me the same the same message
and similar logs.
[mailto:email@example.com]On Behalf Of Joe Krahn
Sent: Thu, September 01, 2005 7:57 AM
Subject: Re: How to have more than one X display?
The problem here is that you are varying the screen number, not the
display number. Multiple screens come from one server. Try using
DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:1.0 for the second one.
It seems to work OK, at least if you don't try to use multi-window mode
for both, even though several things hint that XWin code does not worry
much about multiple servers.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html