Ghost "HOME" key keypresses revisited...

This is a problem that cropped up months ago, but had disappeared after switching my Microsoft wireless mouse out for a Microsoft wired USB mouse.

Now, it's back regardless of which mouse I use.

The problem is that ever once in a short while, the X server acts as if the home key has been pressed, when in fact it has NOT been pressed.

I've captured both the real homekey event and this ghost homekey event with xev, and they look identical; the x-server thinks the homekey really has been pressed. If I happen to be in a terminal, it shows the keycode "^[OH" on the screen, which is exactly what I get if I press "home".

So, what on earth could be going wrong here?

Using an evaluation of Hummingbird Exceed 10 does not display this behavior.

For the moment, I used xmodmap to map the home key to something useless, and mapped the Pause/Scr lock key to home, but that's a bit inconvenient.

Brian K