This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Ugly xterm fonts on LCD
- From: David Rudolph <rudolph at merl dot com>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:40:48 -0500
- Subject: Ugly xterm fonts on LCD
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
I’m running xterm under Cygwin on my new Dell Windows XP with an LCD
monitor (1280x1024). The fonts look ugly. I've tried every imaginable
font, I've Googled and tried various solutions suggested such as putting
:unscaled in the font path, but nothing changes. When I do “xdpyinfo |
grep RENDER”, I get nothing, which apparently means that I can't use
truetype fonts. My video card is a Radeon X300 SE. Anyone know how to
make the fonts look better?