Cygwin 1.5.12 (Cygwin/X on Window NT vs Window XP)

Hi,

I have noticed the following when running startxwin.bat on Windows XP:

  1. Calling startxwin.bat on the bash command line, I get the following
messages:
         3 [main] run 3544 tty_list::allocate_tty: No tty allocated
         3 [main] run 904 tty_list::allocate_tty: No tty allocated

      Everything comes up normally though. I just want to know why this
comes up only on
      Windows XP and if there are any side-effects.

  2. After starting startxwin.bat, every X application (excluding the
xterm that startxwin.bat started up) does not
      get focus. It always goes in the background below any application
(X or native Win32). This is true for each and
      every app that gets started until you close one of the X apps.
After that, everything is back to normal. That is, every
      X app you start will now get the focus and will be the top-level
window. The problem never comes back after that.

Has anyone seen this? Is there a workaround? These problems do not show
up on Windows NT using the same Cygwin/XWin
version.

Thanks!

Al-