This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Cygwin Xfree not functional on laptop with wireless
- From: "Browning, Jeff" <jeff dot browning at netapp dot com>
- To: <cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 09:56:42 -0500
- Subject: Cygwin Xfree not functional on laptop with wireless
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
I have installed Cygwin Xfree on my T40 laptop and yesterday when in the
office over a normal wired ethernet connection, it was working fine.
Today, I am working from home over a wireless connection, and Cygwin has
become completely non-functional. The bash shell shows nothing,
basically it's just dead. Running the startxwin.bat file from a normal
DOS window shows the usual start message. The X icon appears, but will
display nothing. Eventually, the X icon vanishes, apparently a silent
Any clue what is going on here?