This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: re cygwin/X for connecting to X sessions of Redhat 8
- From: Alexander Gottwald <alexander dot gottwald at s1999 dot tu-chemnitz dot de>
- To: kraman at cal2 dot vsnl dot net dot in, cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:51:06 +0100 (MET)
- Subject: Re: re cygwin/X for connecting to X sessions of Redhat 8
- References: <41EE71E9.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, Raman wrote:
> I recently downloaded and installed cygwin/X Setup.exe - X11 related
> files. When i run cygwin.bat i get a bash shell prompt. I followed the
> instructions given in the manual to run X. My installation doesnot
> contain a XWin.exe file, but I do have a Xwinwm.exe in the bin folder.
> When i run this file on my XP desktop, I get the following error message
> "This application has failed to start because cygX11-6.dll was not
> found. Re-installing the application....". In fact I reinstalled it
> again but the error still appears. This file is not in the Cygwin directory.
make sure you have installed the xorg-x11-base and X-startup-files packages.
All other required packages will be installed too with the dependency system
http://www.gotti.org ICQ: 126018723