This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: XWin/xdmcp fails after PC domain change
- From: Alexander Gottwald <Alexander dot Gottwald at s1999 dot tu-chemnitz dot de>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 23:02:12 +0100 (MET)
- Subject: Re: XWin/xdmcp fails after PC domain change
- References: <41E6DBF3.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
Greg Dotts wrote:
> I could sure use some help solving a problem with my Cygwin/X (on MS XP
> Pro SP1 -> Fedora 2 xdmcp connection.
> xwin -query 192.168.1.1
> Any help would be appreciated and I've RTFM'd and searched the archives. ;-)
Have you tried the -from <localipaddress> parameter? This tells XWin which
network interface to use.
OTOH i have no idea why a domain change could change anything in Cygwin/X.
Maybe some user settings like TEMP location have changed or its just the
network setting which changed.
NP: Diary of Dreams - Mask of Shame
http://www.gotti.org ICQ: 126018723