Re: XWin warning messages

On 11.01.2005 12:18 UK Time, Alexander Gottwald wrote:
On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, Herbert Eppel wrote:

I wonder whether someone could shed some light on the warning messages I get when I start up an XWin environment under Cygwin.

All I would like to know really is whether any of the messages are cause for concern and whether I need to take some corrective action (and if yes in what form).

None of them are critical. They are mostly status and trace messages.

MIT-SHM extension disabled due to lack of kernel support
XFree86-Bigfont extension local-client optimization disabled due to lack of shared memory support in the kernel

By installing cygserver you could get IPC support and get these extensions
working. But only few programs need them so you can well live without them.

Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing from list!

This is just a message that on of the default locations where fonts are
expected does not exist. But since barely anyone uses CID fonts this is no problem at all.

bye
	ago

Vielen Dank! :-)

--