This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: keyhook is not letting win key or alt-tab in
- From: Alexander Gottwald <alexander dot gottwald at s1999 dot tu-chemnitz dot de>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com, Nachiketa Sahoo <nsahoo at gmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:23:39 +0100 (MET)
- Subject: Re: keyhook is not letting win key or alt-tab in
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
On Sun, 9 Jan 2005, Nachiketa Sahoo wrote:
> This email is just a reminder for "ago".
> The keyhook option should let the keys like win, alt-tab and menu into
> the X session, to the x apps. But, it's not happening.
> I am using 18.104.22.168-8 version of Xwin. And I started the XWin using the
> following command from the cygwin bash prompt.
> XWin.exe -multiwindow -clipboard -keyhook &
> Checked the key strokes with xev
> Win is not going through, the start menu pops up :P
> Alt+tab doesn't go through, alt makes xev dump some symbols, but, tab
> doesn't do anything.
> menu surprisingly works. I mean sends some event in, xev dumps something :P
Current status is:
keyhook dos not work properly in multiwindow mode and does only work for alt-tab.
I'm not sure why the windows keys are disabled but I think it is because of a
problem with proper integeration into the modifier mask.
I hope the first problem is not too hard. But the windows keys may require a lot
http://www.gotti.org ICQ: 126018723