Re: Full install on XP hangs at /etc/X11/abb-defaults/Bitmap

I am just a lurker, but...
I have had this occur to me in a Windows application when trying to save a file to a directory that does not exists, the application creates a file with the directory name and then (big suprise) cannot create a file inside it. Perhaps there is a script that does not check that the app-defaults directory exists before creating Bitmap in it, thereby creating app-defaults as a file?
Matti