cygwin X reboots my PC randomly

I'm running DLL release version is 1.5.10-3 on Windows 2000 Pro and a 1 yr
old 3.0 GHz PC.
My video card is
nVidia GeForce4 MX 440 w/AGP8X, 128 MB video ram.

Windowing env - /usr/X11R6/bin/wmaker.exe

After I have the cygwin environment up with windowing started via
startxwin.sh, and a couple of xterm windows up,
after a random amount of time (several hours, 2 days...), my PC suddenly
reboots.
This only happens when I run cygwin. I run an older version on my laptop w/o
any problems, I love it.

I have checked FAQs, mailing list archives, etc.

I know this may be difficult to resolve.
I would like to use it more, so if anyone can provide a clue to what might
be the cause, it would be appreciated.
--
Checked the event log:
dec 25 108am Source Save Dump, event 1001

Error previous to it was 2 days prior

No BSOD

ran hw tests.
5 serious video memory corruption errors. skipped dvd test
ran it again:
1 serious video memory corruption errors, 1 serious DVD error.

ran it again,
2 serious video memory corruption errors

I upgraded my video card driver today.

ran it again,
1 serious video memory corruption errors

ran it again,
6 serious video memory corruption errors

Running cygwin again, to see if will be more stable with the newer video
driver.

Marc