This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: Extraneous HOME keypresses in Cygwin X server.
- From: Alexander Gottwald <alexander dot gottwald at s1999 dot tu-chemnitz dot de>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 12:28:26 +0100 (MET)
- Subject: Re: Extraneous HOME keypresses in Cygwin X server.
- References: <1104296204.7112.13.camel@appserver>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
On Tue, 28 Dec 2004, Brian Keener wrote:
> The symptoms are: When starting an X-application like xedit, or using
> has been pressed.
> This is quite annoying. Please let me know what information might be of
> use, my keyboard is a "Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard 1.0A".
> According to cygwin setup.exe, I'm using xorg X server version
> 188.8.131.52-8, although the problem also existed under many previous
> version, including the xfree versions.
The Xming builds include debugging code which prints the windows messages
generated by each keypress. Install Xming (with installer and copy the
standalone binary to the install directory), start Xming
Xming.exe :1 -multiwindow -logverbose 10
and keep an eye on the debug messages. The real home key produces:
winTopLevelWindowProc - WM_*KEYDOWN
winWindowProc - Message WM_KEYDOWN wParam 0x24 lParam 0x1470001
winTopLevelWindowProc - Message WM_KEYUP wParam 0x24 lParam 0xc1470001
winTopLevelWindowProc - WM_*KEYUP
winWindowProc - Message WM_KEYUP wParam 0x24 lParam 0xc1470001
Xming download page: http://wiki.freedesktop.org/wiki/Xming
http://www.gotti.org ICQ: 126018723