This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: xmodmap restarts X-server without applying changes
- From: Alexander Gottwald <alexander dot gottwald at s1999 dot tu-chemnitz dot de>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 11:53:41 +0100 (MET)
- Subject: Re: xmodmap restarts X-server without applying changes
- References: <1104299304.7806.2.camel@appserver>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
On Wed, 29 Dec 2004, Brian Keener wrote:
> I'm trying to run
> xmodmap -e "keysym Home = "
> And it's restarting my X-server without applying the changes to the
> Oddly enough, if I start the X server as "-multiwindow" it applies the
> change without rebooting, and resolves (partially) my previous report of
> extraneous "home" keypresses. However, running X as "-rootless" or
> without any command line options at all results in the behaviour
> reported above...
Get in touch with X. The xserver does restart if the last xclient disconnts.
xmodmap is a xclient and after finishing it's work it disconnects and the
xserver resets (and dumps your changes). In multiwindow mode there is at least
the windowmanager client running and prevents the reset.
You can omit this behaviour by adding the -noreset option to XWin. This will
prevent the reset
http://www.gotti.org ICQ: 126018723