This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
xmodmap restarts X-server without applying changes
- From: Brian Keener <keenerb at roleplayga dot org>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 00:48:24 -0500
- Subject: xmodmap restarts X-server without applying changes
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
I'm trying to run
xmodmap -e "keysym Home = "
And it's restarting my X-server without applying the changes to the
Oddly enough, if I start the X server as "-multiwindow" it applies the
change without rebooting, and resolves (partially) my previous report of
extraneous "home" keypresses. However, running X as "-rootless" or
without any command line options at all results in the behaviour
Brian Keener <firstname.lastname@example.org>